What are the main symptoms of stress
What Is Stress?
Stress is the body’s reaction to harmful situations — whether they’re real or perceived. When you feel threatened, a chemical reaction occurs in your body that allows you to act in a way to prevent injury. This reaction is known as “fight-or-flight,” or the stress response. During stress response, your heart rate increases, breathing quickens, muscles tighten, and blood pressure rises. You’ve gotten ready to act. It is how you protect yourself.
Stress means different things to different people. What causes stress in one person may be of little concern to another. Some people are better able to handle stress than others. And, not all stress is bad. In small doses, stress can help you accomplish tasks and prevent you from getting hurt. For example, stress is what gets you to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting the car in front of you. That’s a good thing.
Our bodies are designed to handle small doses of stress. But, we are not equipped to handle long-term, chronic stress without ill consequences.
What Are the Symptoms of Stress?
Stress can affect all aspects of your life, including your emotions, behaviors, thinking ability, and physical health. No part of the body is immune. But, because people handle stress differently, symptoms of stress can vary. Symptoms can be vague and may be the same as those caused by medical conditions. So it is important to discuss them with your doctor. You may experience any of the following symptoms of stress.
- Becoming easily agitated, frustrated, and moody
- Feeling overwhelmed, like you are losing control or need to take control
- Having difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
- Feeling bad about yourself (low self-esteem), lonely, worthless, and depressed
- Avoiding others
Physical symptoms of stress include:
- Low energy
- Upset stomach, including diarrhea, constipation, and nausea
- Aches, pains, and tense muscles
- Chest pain and rapid heartbeat
- Frequent colds and infections
- Loss of sexual desire and/or ability
- Nervousness and shaking, ringing in the ear, cold or sweaty hands and feet
- Dry mouth and difficulty swallowing
- Clenched jaw and grinding teeth
Cognitive symptoms of stress include:
- Constant worrying
- Racing thoughts
- Forgetfulness and disorganization
- Inability to focus
- Poor judgment
- Being pessimistic or seeing only the negative side
Behavioral symptoms of stress include:
- Changes in appetite — either not eating or eating too much
- Procrastinating and avoiding responsibilities
- Increased use of alcohol, drugs, or cigarettes
- Exhibiting more nervous behaviors, such as nail biting, fidgeting, and pacing
What Are the Consequences of Long-Term Stress?
A little stress every now and then is not something to be concerned about. Ongoing, chronic stress, however, can cause or exacerbate many serious health problems, including:
- Mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety, and personality disorders
- Cardiovascular disease, including heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart attacks, and stroke
- Obesity and other eating disorders
- Menstrual problems
- Sexual dysfunction, such as impotence and premature ejaculation in men and loss of sexual desire in both men and women
- Skin and hair problems, such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema, and permanent hair loss
- Gastrointestinal problems, such as GERD, gastritis, ulcerative colitis, and irritable colon
Help Is Available for Stress
Stress is a part of life. What matters most is how you handle it. The best thing you can do to prevent stress overload and the health consequences that come with it is to know your stress symptoms.
If you or a loved one is feeling overwhelmed by stress, talk to your doctor. Many symptoms of stress can also be signs of other health problems. Your doctor can evaluate your symptoms and rule out other conditions. If stress is to blame, your doctor can recommend a therapist or counselor to help you better handle your stress.
Triathlon Training Monthly
$75.00 / month
Personalized Training Plans delivered weekly
All Levels and Ages
SPRINT – OLYMPIC – IRONMAN 70.3 – IRONMAN
WHO WE ARE
We are an ONLINE COACHING offering IRONMAN Distance Training, Triathlon Coaching, Running Coaching, Duathlon Coaching, Cycling Coaching, Strength Training. Personalized Training Plans for Athletes of all ages and abilities. Nutrition, Hydration and Gear for all three disciplines.
HOW IT WORKS
The first step is to fill out your registration here on the website and set up your payment method. We use the TrainingPeaks® app for training plan prescription and workout calendar. You can download it from the App Store or Google Play.
By downloading the app you will have access to your training plan from wherever you are, on your mobile phone or desktop.
Once you have your registration completed one of our coaches will make the first personal contact to seek additional information, specific goals and daily routine.
The prescription of the workouts will be weekly, taking into account the feedback of the exercises performed in the current week;
All workouts are set via Trainingpeaks® that can be integrated with your Garmin Connect® and other methods of fitness tracking. Athletes are categorized according to the technical level and proving target. We use few different levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, those leves are set according to the aptitudes and previous experience of each student.
Each athlete will have their training prescribed and adapted according to their classification and their next goals, respecting their individuality, conditioning and daily routine.
WHAT YOU GET WITH OUR TRIATHLON TRAINING PROGRAM
Triathlon Training ( SPRINT – OLYMPIC – IRONMAN 70.3 – IRONMAN )
- A FREE personal training calendar powered by TrainingPeaks Basic Account
- Colored Compliance Workout Management
- Log workouts and analyze heart rate, power, pace and other data via TrainingPeaks
- Receive daily workout notifications via e-mail.
- Upload your workouts from over 90 compatible devices.
- View workouts on the go with free apps for iPhone or Android.
- Training resources and advice from Team Bodyfeed Coaches
- Structural training plan with with full description on how execute workouts from start to finish
- Group trainings available ( not available in all areas )
- Customized Training Plan delivered weekly with multiple goals – A, B and C Events
- 1 one 1 ONLINE Coaching
- Analysis of Key Workouts and Monthly Analysis
- Triathlon Training Plans based on Heart Rate, Threshold, Running and Cycling Power, Cadence and RPE
- Unlimited communication
- Weekly Coach/Athlete touch base
- Video Analysis
- Race day game plan
- Annual training plan preparation by TSS ( ATP )
- Performance Management Chart
- Prior Event Sweat Test
- Lactate and Fitness Tests ( FTP / LT / T-Pace / Speed / Pace / TT )
Unlimited email, phone call, txt, Facebook messenger, Facebook Private Forum, Skype or WhatsApp (at times agreed between the coach and student) and through the App Trainingpeaks®