How Strength Training Can Help You.
Strength training can help you get stronger and look and feel better with just a few short sessions each week. You can do strength training with free weights such as barbells and dumbbells, weight machines, or with no equipment at all.
Exercises that use your body for resistance include:
- Abdominal crunches
- Step exercises
Resistance bands and tubes can be used with:
- Arm curls
- Other exercises
- The American Heart Association recommends strength training at least twice a week.
- You may want to consult with a fitness professional to learn the right way to do each exercise.
- Doing each exercise 8 to 12 times is usually enough to work your muscles.
- You know you’re doing enough work if your muscles are so tired you can barely get through the 12th repetition.
- Start slowly, and gradually increase the resistance or weight as the exercises become easier.
Men and women of all ages can benefit from strength training, but get a doctor’s OK before beginning, especially if you haven’t exercised in a while.
Two or three 20- or 30-minute strength training sessions every week can result in significant health benefits:
- Increased muscle mass: Muscle mass naturally decreases with age, but strength training can help reverse the trend.
- Stronger bones: Strength training increases bone density and reduces the risk of fractures.
- Joint flexibility: Strength training helps joints stay flexible and can reduce the symptoms of arthritis.
- Weight control: As you gain muscle, your body begins to burn calories more easily, making it easier to control your weight.
- Balance: Strengthening exercises can increase flexibility and balance as people age, reducing falls and injuries.
Triathlon Training Monthly
$75.00 / month
Personalized Training Plans delivered weekly
All Levels and Ages
SPRINT – OLYMPIC – IRONMAN 70.3 – IRONMAN
WHO WE ARE
We are an ONLINE COACHING offering IRONMAN Distance Training, Triathlon Coaching, Running Coaching, Duathlon Coaching, Cycling Coaching, Strength Training. Personalized Training Plans for Athletes of all ages and abilities. Nutrition, Hydration and Gear for all three disciplines.
HOW IT WORKS
The first step is to fill out your registration here on the website and set up your payment method. We use the TrainingPeaks® app for training plan prescription and workout calendar. You can download it from the App Store or Google Play.
By downloading the app you will have access to your training plan from wherever you are, on your mobile phone or desktop.
Once you have your registration completed one of our coaches will make the first personal contact to seek additional information, specific goals and daily routine.
The prescription of the workouts will be weekly, taking into account the feedback of the exercises performed in the current week;
All workouts are set via Trainingpeaks® that can be integrated with your Garmin Connect® and other methods of fitness tracking. Athletes are categorized according to the technical level and proving target. We use few different levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, those leves are set according to the aptitudes and previous experience of each student.
Each athlete will have their training prescribed and adapted according to their classification and their next goals, respecting their individuality, conditioning and daily routine.
WHAT YOU GET WITH OUR TRIATHLON TRAINING PROGRAM
Triathlon Training ( SPRINT – OLYMPIC – IRONMAN 70.3 – IRONMAN )
- A FREE personal training calendar powered by TrainingPeaks Basic Account
- Colored Compliance Workout Management
- Log workouts and analyze heart rate, power, pace and other data via TrainingPeaks
- Receive daily workout notifications via e-mail.
- Upload your workouts from over 90 compatible devices.
- View workouts on the go with free apps for iPhone or Android.
- Training resources and advice from Team Bodyfeed Coaches
- Structural training plan with with full description on how execute workouts from start to finish
- Group trainings available ( not available in all areas )
- Customized Training Plan delivered weekly with multiple goals – A, B and C Events
- 1 one 1 ONLINE Coaching
- Analysis of Key Workouts and Monthly Analysis
- Triathlon Training Plans based on Heart Rate, Threshold, Running and Cycling Power, Cadence and RPE
- Unlimited communication
- Weekly Coach/Athlete touch base
- Video Analysis
- Race day game plan
- Annual training plan preparation by TSS ( ATP )
- Performance Management Chart
- Prior Event Sweat Test
- Lactate and Fitness Tests ( FTP / LT / T-Pace / Speed / Pace / TT )
Unlimited email, phone call, txt, Facebook messenger, Facebook Private Forum, Skype or WhatsApp (at times agreed between the coach and student) and through the App Trainingpeaks®